Combines various super anti-oxidant products recognized as “Super Fruits” in Europe and the United States for effective removal of free radicals from the body and for prevention of cellular oxidation.
Mangosteen, Blueberry, Cranberry, Grape Seed, Pine Bark, Enzyme, Hawthorn berry, Roselle, Lycopene, Pomegranate, Green Tea Extract.
Free radicals and oxidation
Free radicals refer to atoms, molecules or groups with unpaired electrons. As free radicals contain unpaired electrons, they tend to pair up and this causes instability and high activeness. In order to stabilize free radicals, it is necessary for them to snatch away electrons from neighbouring atoms or molecules in order that their electrons are paired. This in turn causes the atom or molecule which has lost its electron to become a new free radical, causing a chain reaction. This process is known as “oxidation”.
Overproduction of free radicals or their slow elimination results in attack on large molecules and cells in the body. This damages the water level in molecules, cells, tissues and organs which accelerates the ageing process and leads to various ailments.
- Tumours – Free radicals attack DNA, causing changes in the transmission of genetic information.
- Cardio-vascular ailments – Free radicals cause over-oxidation of lipids and causes arteriosclerosis.
- Decline in immunity – Free radicals destroy cellular structure and affect the normal immunity function of cells.
- Cataract – This is caused by attack of free radicals on the lens.
- Senile dementia – This is caused by attack of free radicals on brain cells and nerve cells.
Free radicals and ailments
It has been proven that there are more than 70 different types of ailments which are related to free radicals. It can be said that free radicals are the ‘cause of all ailments”.
Anti-oxidants are ‘any substances at low concentration which are able to inhibit oxidation caused by free radicals’’. They may act directly on free radicals or they may indirectly exhaust these free radicals so that further reactions may be stopped.